- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
ASA name six for World Indoor Championships
- Updated: February 6, 2014
Six athletes have been provisionally named to take part in the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Sopot, Poland next month.
The Interim Board of Athletics South African on Thursday confirmed that the IAAF will support a quota of six athletes for the 7-9 March event.
South Africa doesn’t have an indoor season but a number of athletes, such as previously mentioned as well as Olympian Andre Olivier, are currently campaigning in European and ASA has monitored their progress.
The qualification window only closes on 24 February but the ASA Interim Board has gone so far as to approve a preliminary team for the championships.
ASA will continue monitoring the performances of the South African Athletes, and a final team will be submitted to the IAAF on 24 February 2014.