- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
ASA name six for World Indoor Championships
- Updated: February 6, 2014
Six athletes have been provisionally named to take part in the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Sopot, Poland next month.
The Interim Board of Athletics South African on Thursday confirmed that the IAAF will support a quota of six athletes for the 7-9 March event.
South Africa doesn’t have an indoor season but a number of athletes, such as previously mentioned as well as Olympian Andre Olivier, are currently campaigning in European and ASA has monitored their progress.
The qualification window only closes on 24 February but the ASA Interim Board has gone so far as to approve a preliminary team for the championships.
ASA will continue monitoring the performances of the South African Athletes, and a final team will be submitted to the IAAF on 24 February 2014.