- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Latest Road to Rio programme on television
- Updated: January 31, 2014
Episode 13 of the popular Road to Rio television sports programme is currently screening on SuperSport.
The latest episode includes karate, high performance, swimming and Paralympic sports.
We visit the National Training Centre in Bloemfontein where a high performance team are using the top-notch facilities to their advantage.
Then it’s off to Durban to profile the PRIME High Performance institution where Graham Hill’s star studded squad train at the Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Up and coming para-swimmer Dimakatso Makgakga is also featured. She is under the wise wings of six-time Paralympian Tadgh Slattery and has the Rio Paralympics in 2016 in her sights.
Finally we visit another veteran star in Ernst van Dyk, also a six-time Paralympian. He’s pretty much seen and done it all but retirement is the furthest thing from his mind.
Transmission times for the 30-minute show are as follows:
31 January: 11pm (SuperSport 7)
3 February: 6pm (SS8)
4 February: 5.30am (SS6 and HD6)
5 February: 1.30pm (SS CSN and SS HD6)
6 February: 10.30pm (SS HD6)
10 February: 11.30am (SS8)
11 February: 4.30pm (SS8)
12 February: 6am (SS8)