- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Latest Road to Rio programme on television
- Updated: January 31, 2014
Episode 13 of the popular Road to Rio television sports programme is currently screening on SuperSport.
The latest episode includes karate, high performance, swimming and Paralympic sports.
We visit the National Training Centre in Bloemfontein where a high performance team are using the top-notch facilities to their advantage.
Then it’s off to Durban to profile the PRIME High Performance institution where Graham Hill’s star studded squad train at the Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Up and coming para-swimmer Dimakatso Makgakga is also featured. She is under the wise wings of six-time Paralympian Tadgh Slattery and has the Rio Paralympics in 2016 in her sights.
Finally we visit another veteran star in Ernst van Dyk, also a six-time Paralympian. He’s pretty much seen and done it all but retirement is the furthest thing from his mind.
Transmission times for the 30-minute show are as follows:
31 January: 11pm (SuperSport 7)
3 February: 6pm (SS8)
4 February: 5.30am (SS6 and HD6)
5 February: 1.30pm (SS CSN and SS HD6)
6 February: 10.30pm (SS HD6)
10 February: 11.30am (SS8)
11 February: 4.30pm (SS8)
12 February: 6am (SS8)