- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Latest Road to Rio programme on television
- Updated: January 31, 2014
Episode 13 of the popular Road to Rio television sports programme is currently screening on SuperSport.
The latest episode includes karate, high performance, swimming and Paralympic sports.
We visit the National Training Centre in Bloemfontein where a high performance team are using the top-notch facilities to their advantage.
Then it’s off to Durban to profile the PRIME High Performance institution where Graham Hill’s star studded squad train at the Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Up and coming para-swimmer Dimakatso Makgakga is also featured. She is under the wise wings of six-time Paralympian Tadgh Slattery and has the Rio Paralympics in 2016 in her sights.
Finally we visit another veteran star in Ernst van Dyk, also a six-time Paralympian. He’s pretty much seen and done it all but retirement is the furthest thing from his mind.
Transmission times for the 30-minute show are as follows:
31 January: 11pm (SuperSport 7)
3 February: 6pm (SS8)
4 February: 5.30am (SS6 and HD6)
5 February: 1.30pm (SS CSN and SS HD6)
6 February: 10.30pm (SS HD6)
10 February: 11.30am (SS8)
11 February: 4.30pm (SS8)
12 February: 6am (SS8)