Think he & the tennisparalympics did ok on their trip 'Down Under'. He lost in his 'Robin' round 7/6-7/6, and took the 1st set in the final. Evans and Kg Montjane both did ok too. Good luck in their next tounaments ... they deserve all credit. JPC
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Paralympian Sithole beaten in Aussie Open final
- Updated: January 26, 2014
South Africa’s 2012 London Paralympian, Lucas Sithole came up short in the final of Saturday’s quad wheelchair singles at the Australian Open.
Sithole, who has won two tournament titles already this year,┬á came up against top seed and world No 1 David Wagner of America in the final.
Despite claiming the first set 6-3,┬áSithole was unable to keep up with the rejuvenated American in the final two sets. Wagner won the second and third set 7-5 and 6-3 respectively to claim the honours.
Sithole defeated Wagner 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to clinch the US Open title in 2013, the first time a South African para-tennis player has won a grand slam title.