Think he & the tennisparalympics did ok on their trip 'Down Under'. He lost in his 'Robin' round 7/6-7/6, and took the 1st set in the final. Evans and Kg Montjane both did ok too. Good luck in their next tounaments ... they deserve all credit. JPC
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Paralympian Sithole beaten in Aussie Open final
- Updated: January 26, 2014
South Africa’s 2012 London Paralympian, Lucas Sithole came up short in the final of Saturday’s quad wheelchair singles at the Australian Open.
Sithole, who has won two tournament titles already this year,┬á came up against top seed and world No 1 David Wagner of America in the final.
Despite claiming the first set 6-3,┬áSithole was unable to keep up with the rejuvenated American in the final two sets. Wagner won the second and third set 7-5 and 6-3 respectively to claim the honours.
Sithole defeated Wagner 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to clinch the US Open title in 2013, the first time a South African para-tennis player has won a grand slam title.