Think he & the tennisparalympics did ok on their trip 'Down Under'. He lost in his 'Robin' round 7/6-7/6, and took the 1st set in the final. Evans and Kg Montjane both did ok too. Good luck in their next tounaments ... they deserve all credit. JPC
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Paralympian Sithole beaten in Aussie Open final
- Updated: January 26, 2014
South Africa’s 2012 London Paralympian, Lucas Sithole came up short in the final of Saturday’s quad wheelchair singles at the Australian Open.
Sithole, who has won two tournament titles already this year,┬á came up against top seed and world No 1 David Wagner of America in the final.
Despite claiming the first set 6-3,┬áSithole was unable to keep up with the rejuvenated American in the final two sets. Wagner won the second and third set 7-5 and 6-3 respectively to claim the honours.
Sithole defeated Wagner 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to clinch the US Open title in 2013, the first time a South African para-tennis player has won a grand slam title.