- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
International positions for SA weightlifting duo
- Updated: January 17, 2014
South African weightlifting is celebrating international appointments for two of its administrators, writes Mark Etheridge.
National head coach Aveenash Pandoo and general secretary Gardencia du Plooy both received recognition from their service to the sport from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Pandoo, who accompanied Team South Africa to the Olympic Games in London in 2012, has been appointed a member of the IWF Development and Education Commission.
And Du Plooy, whose husband Kevin is President of the South African Weightlifting Federation is now a member of the IWF Women’s Commission.
Both appointments were made at the IWF’s most recent meeting, held in Wroclaw, Poland, the venue for the 2017 World Games.