- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
International positions for SA weightlifting duo
- Updated: January 17, 2014
South African weightlifting is celebrating international appointments for two of its administrators, writes Mark Etheridge.
National head coach Aveenash Pandoo and general secretary Gardencia du Plooy both received recognition from their service to the sport from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Pandoo, who accompanied Team South Africa to the Olympic Games in London in 2012, has been appointed a member of the IWF Development and Education Commission.
And Du Plooy, whose husband Kevin is President of the South African Weightlifting Federation is now a member of the IWF Women’s Commission.
Both appointments were made at the IWF’s most recent meeting, held in Wroclaw, Poland, the venue for the 2017 World Games.