- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
International positions for SA weightlifting duo
- Updated: January 17, 2014
South African weightlifting is celebrating international appointments for two of its administrators, writes Mark Etheridge.
National head coach Aveenash Pandoo and general secretary Gardencia du Plooy both received recognition from their service to the sport from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Pandoo, who accompanied Team South Africa to the Olympic Games in London in 2012, has been appointed a member of the IWF Development and Education Commission.
And Du Plooy, whose husband Kevin is President of the South African Weightlifting Federation is now a member of the IWF Women’s Commission.
Both appointments were made at the IWF’s most recent meeting, held in Wroclaw, Poland, the venue for the 2017 World Games.