- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
International positions for SA weightlifting duo
- Updated: January 17, 2014
South African weightlifting is celebrating international appointments for two of its administrators, writes Mark Etheridge.
National head coach Aveenash Pandoo and general secretary Gardencia du Plooy both received recognition from their service to the sport from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Pandoo, who accompanied Team South Africa to the Olympic Games in London in 2012, has been appointed a member of the IWF Development and Education Commission.
And Du Plooy, whose husband Kevin is President of the South African Weightlifting Federation is now a member of the IWF Women’s Commission.
Both appointments were made at the IWF’s most recent meeting, held in Wroclaw, Poland, the venue for the 2017 World Games.