- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
International positions for SA weightlifting duo
- Updated: January 17, 2014
South African weightlifting is celebrating international appointments for two of its administrators, writes Mark Etheridge.
National head coach Aveenash Pandoo and general secretary Gardencia du Plooy both received recognition from their service to the sport from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
Pandoo, who accompanied Team South Africa to the Olympic Games in London in 2012, has been appointed a member of the IWF Development and Education Commission.
And Du Plooy, whose husband Kevin is President of the South African Weightlifting Federation is now a member of the IWF Women’s Commission.
Both appointments were made at the IWF’s most recent meeting, held in Wroclaw, Poland, the venue for the 2017 World Games.