- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Mayor De Lille firmly behind Bafana ahead of CHAN 2014
- Updated: January 10, 2014
The Executive Mayor of Cape Town, Cllr Patricia de Lille on Thursday visited Bafana Bafana at their training camp where she gave them words of wisdom and assured them of the nation’s unqualified support.
Cllr De Lille took time to shake hands of each and every player as well as the coaching staff before the squad embarked on their training session at Clyde-Pinelands.
ÔÇ£├Åt is always great and an honour to meet our sports stars because they represent you and me. It is even greater that, for the first time ever, we are hosting Bafana Bafana for an international tournament.
ÔÇ£I want to wish you the best of luck in the CHAN competition. The whole nation is behind you; so go out there and do the nation proud,ÔÇØ said the Mayor.
ÔÇØI would also like to remind football fans around the country, in particular Capetonians, to go get their tickets and come support not just Bafana Bafana but the whole tournament.ÔÇØ
Bafana Bafana take on Mozambique in their opening match of the Orange CAF African Nations Championship (South Africa CHAN 2014).
The match takes place on Saturday at the Cape Town Stadium and will be preceded by the opening ceremony. Kick-off for the clash is 6pm.