- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Mayor De Lille firmly behind Bafana ahead of CHAN 2014
- Updated: January 10, 2014
The Executive Mayor of Cape Town, Cllr Patricia de Lille on Thursday visited Bafana Bafana at their training camp where she gave them words of wisdom and assured them of the nation’s unqualified support.
Cllr De Lille took time to shake hands of each and every player as well as the coaching staff before the squad embarked on their training session at Clyde-Pinelands.
ÔÇ£├Åt is always great and an honour to meet our sports stars because they represent you and me. It is even greater that, for the first time ever, we are hosting Bafana Bafana for an international tournament.
ÔÇ£I want to wish you the best of luck in the CHAN competition. The whole nation is behind you; so go out there and do the nation proud,ÔÇØ said the Mayor.
ÔÇØI would also like to remind football fans around the country, in particular Capetonians, to go get their tickets and come support not just Bafana Bafana but the whole tournament.ÔÇØ
Bafana Bafana take on Mozambique in their opening match of the Orange CAF African Nations Championship (South Africa CHAN 2014).
The match takes place on Saturday at the Cape Town Stadium and will be preceded by the opening ceremony. Kick-off for the clash is 6pm.