- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Mayor De Lille firmly behind Bafana ahead of CHAN 2014
- Updated: January 10, 2014
The Executive Mayor of Cape Town, Cllr Patricia de Lille on Thursday visited Bafana Bafana at their training camp where she gave them words of wisdom and assured them of the nation’s unqualified support.
Cllr De Lille took time to shake hands of each and every player as well as the coaching staff before the squad embarked on their training session at Clyde-Pinelands.
ÔÇ£├Åt is always great and an honour to meet our sports stars because they represent you and me. It is even greater that, for the first time ever, we are hosting Bafana Bafana for an international tournament.
ÔÇ£I want to wish you the best of luck in the CHAN competition. The whole nation is behind you; so go out there and do the nation proud,ÔÇØ said the Mayor.
ÔÇØI would also like to remind football fans around the country, in particular Capetonians, to go get their tickets and come support not just Bafana Bafana but the whole tournament.ÔÇØ
Bafana Bafana take on Mozambique in their opening match of the Orange CAF African Nations Championship (South Africa CHAN 2014).
The match takes place on Saturday at the Cape Town Stadium and will be preceded by the opening ceremony. Kick-off for the clash is 6pm.