- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
International post for SAFA’s Hilton-Smith
- Updated: January 10, 2014
SAFA Technical Director, Fran Hilton-Smith has been selected to the newly-formed FIFA Women’s Football Task Force whose duties will be to identify and harness global women football development.
Having recognised the 25 years of women’s participation and involvement in football, FIFA created this new initiative whose main goal is to develop a universal strategy for women’s football.
The other goal is to prioritise women football and develop a distinctive FIFA Women’s Club World Cup. This according to FIFA Secretary General, Jerome Valcke should form part of the Brazil 2014 Legacy.
ÔÇ£To be the sole African representative on the newly formed women’s Football Task Force is a huge honour,” said Hilton-Smith.
ÔÇ£I promise to do my best especially in enhancing the development of the sport on the continent. We must develop the game in Africa and one of the components of activating this is by identifying programs that will uplift women’s football on the continent.”
Hilton-Smith will represent the CAF region at the FIFA Women’s Football Task Force chaired by Moya Dodd of Australia.
The world football governing body will hold the first ever women’s task force meeting in Zurich on Wednesday, 15 January 2014.
Members of the FIFA Women’s Football Task Force
Moya Dodd/ Australia ÔÇô Chair
Junko Imai/Japan ÔÇô AFC
Fran Hilton-Smith/South Africa ÔÇô CAF
April Heinrichs/USA ÔÇô CONCAF
Juan Angel Napout/Paraguay ÔÇô CONMEBOL
Nicola Dormaine/New Zealand ÔÇô OFC
Vera Pauw/Holland ÔÇô UEFA
Jean-Michel Aulas/France ÔÇô UEFA