- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Cronje sets sights on Commonwealth medal
- Updated: January 10, 2014
By Mark Etheridge
Our only medallist at last year’s IAAF World Athletics Championship, Johan Cronje has mapping out his competition schedule that will hopefully take in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
There were a few minor health hazards over the festive season but Cronje has hit the ground running in the New Year.
“I had a virus and then a small Achilles tendon injury over December but I’m training 100% now again,” he told Road to Rio 2016.
“So far I have a couple of indoor races at the end of January and then in early February. Then hopefully World Indoors in March and World Relay Champs in May.”
“Then my official season to prepare for Commonwealth will start in June. Hopefully there are no funny qualifying criteria because I’m preparing to medal at the Games. Otherwise I’ll run the Diamond League meetings this season.”