- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Cronje sets sights on Commonwealth medal
- Updated: January 10, 2014
By Mark Etheridge
Our only medallist at last year’s IAAF World Athletics Championship, Johan Cronje has mapping out his competition schedule that will hopefully take in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
There were a few minor health hazards over the festive season but Cronje has hit the ground running in the New Year.
“I had a virus and then a small Achilles tendon injury over December but I’m training 100% now again,” he told Road to Rio 2016.
“So far I have a couple of indoor races at the end of January and then in early February. Then hopefully World Indoors in March and World Relay Champs in May.”
“Then my official season to prepare for Commonwealth will start in June. Hopefully there are no funny qualifying criteria because I’m preparing to medal at the Games. Otherwise I’ll run the Diamond League meetings this season.”