- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Cronje sets sights on Commonwealth medal
- Updated: January 10, 2014
By Mark Etheridge
Our only medallist at last year’s IAAF World Athletics Championship, Johan Cronje has mapping out his competition schedule that will hopefully take in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
There were a few minor health hazards over the festive season but Cronje has hit the ground running in the New Year.
“I had a virus and then a small Achilles tendon injury over December but I’m training 100% now again,” he told Road to Rio 2016.
“So far I have a couple of indoor races at the end of January and then in early February. Then hopefully World Indoors in March and World Relay Champs in May.”
“Then my official season to prepare for Commonwealth will start in June. Hopefully there are no funny qualifying criteria because I’m preparing to medal at the Games. Otherwise I’ll run the Diamond League meetings this season.”