- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Cronje sets sights on Commonwealth medal
- Updated: January 10, 2014
By Mark Etheridge
Our only medallist at last year’s IAAF World Athletics Championship, Johan Cronje has mapping out his competition schedule that will hopefully take in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
There were a few minor health hazards over the festive season but Cronje has hit the ground running in the New Year.
“I had a virus and then a small Achilles tendon injury over December but I’m training 100% now again,” he told Road to Rio 2016.
“So far I have a couple of indoor races at the end of January and then in early February. Then hopefully World Indoors in March and World Relay Champs in May.”
“Then my official season to prepare for Commonwealth will start in June. Hopefully there are no funny qualifying criteria because I’m preparing to medal at the Games. Otherwise I’ll run the Diamond League meetings this season.”