- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Hockey mourns death of WP stalwart Le Grange
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Western Province hockey stalwart, Peter le Grange, passed away suddenly on 27 December.
Le Grange also represented South Africa as an official at international level. Prominent in umpiring and administration, as well as being a tournament director, Le Grange was a judge at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament held in Nairobi, Kenya in November last year.
ÔÇ£It is certainly sad to receive this news,ÔÇØ said SA Hockey Association CEO Marissa Langeni. ÔÇ£Having had some pleasant chats with Peter while he was doing duty in Nairobi, I know how passionate he was about hockey and how very excited he was to have an opportunity to officiate at a continental level.
ÔÇ£Peter was looking forward to other future opportunities on the international stage.
ÔÇ£The South African Hockey Association passes on its deepest sympathies to Peter’s family and friends as well as to the greater Western Province hockey family.ÔÇØ