- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
Hockey mourns death of WP stalwart Le Grange
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Western Province hockey stalwart, Peter le Grange, passed away suddenly on 27 December.
Le Grange also represented South Africa as an official at international level. Prominent in umpiring and administration, as well as being a tournament director, Le Grange was a judge at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament held in Nairobi, Kenya in November last year.
ÔÇ£It is certainly sad to receive this news,ÔÇØ said SA Hockey Association CEO Marissa Langeni. ÔÇ£Having had some pleasant chats with Peter while he was doing duty in Nairobi, I know how passionate he was about hockey and how very excited he was to have an opportunity to officiate at a continental level.
ÔÇ£Peter was looking forward to other future opportunities on the international stage.
ÔÇ£The South African Hockey Association passes on its deepest sympathies to Peter’s family and friends as well as to the greater Western Province hockey family.ÔÇØ