- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Hockey mourns death of WP stalwart Le Grange
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Western Province hockey stalwart, Peter le Grange, passed away suddenly on 27 December.
Le Grange also represented South Africa as an official at international level. Prominent in umpiring and administration, as well as being a tournament director, Le Grange was a judge at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament held in Nairobi, Kenya in November last year.
ÔÇ£It is certainly sad to receive this news,ÔÇØ said SA Hockey Association CEO Marissa Langeni. ÔÇ£Having had some pleasant chats with Peter while he was doing duty in Nairobi, I know how passionate he was about hockey and how very excited he was to have an opportunity to officiate at a continental level.
ÔÇ£Peter was looking forward to other future opportunities on the international stage.
ÔÇ£The South African Hockey Association passes on its deepest sympathies to Peter’s family and friends as well as to the greater Western Province hockey family.ÔÇØ