- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Hockey mourns death of WP stalwart Le Grange
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Western Province hockey stalwart, Peter le Grange, passed away suddenly on 27 December.
Le Grange also represented South Africa as an official at international level. Prominent in umpiring and administration, as well as being a tournament director, Le Grange was a judge at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament held in Nairobi, Kenya in November last year.
ÔÇ£It is certainly sad to receive this news,ÔÇØ said SA Hockey Association CEO Marissa Langeni. ÔÇ£Having had some pleasant chats with Peter while he was doing duty in Nairobi, I know how passionate he was about hockey and how very excited he was to have an opportunity to officiate at a continental level.
ÔÇ£Peter was looking forward to other future opportunities on the international stage.
ÔÇ£The South African Hockey Association passes on its deepest sympathies to Peter’s family and friends as well as to the greater Western Province hockey family.ÔÇØ