- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Igesund says Bafana players ‘are looking good’
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Bafana Bafana players were given Sunday afternoon of after two gruelling training sessions in Cape Town this weekend.
They reported back for duty on Sunday evening.
Head coach Gordon Igesund took the players through their paces at the Santos training fields in Lansdowne, Cape Town and was impressed with the work ahead of the African Nations Championship.
ÔÇ£I am expecting the Kaizer Chiefs players tonight and we have a lot of work to do in a short space of time. At the moment we are doing the best we can but the players are looking good and raring to go. They are really working hard because they are aware of what is expected of them.
“They look very confident, and it would be great for the rest of the players to join up with the national team so I can work with the full team,ÔÇØ said Igesund after Sunday’s training session.
The players too are eager to get on with the tournament.
Said Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Hlompho Kekana: ‘It is always a great feeling to represent your country and I am happy to be here. If you look at the players you can seen they want do to well for South Africa. It is a big tournament for us local-based players and we want to show everyone what we are capable of doing.
“We intend to do well, very well and we are really looking forward to the start of the tournament. There is a lot of confidence in the team and the mood is high. As hosts we are expected to go all the way and that is our focus.ÔÇØ
Bafana Bafana will have their next training session on Monday morning.