- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Igesund says Bafana players ‘are looking good’
- Updated: January 6, 2014
Bafana Bafana players were given Sunday afternoon of after two gruelling training sessions in Cape Town this weekend.
They reported back for duty on Sunday evening.
Head coach Gordon Igesund took the players through their paces at the Santos training fields in Lansdowne, Cape Town and was impressed with the work ahead of the African Nations Championship.
ÔÇ£I am expecting the Kaizer Chiefs players tonight and we have a lot of work to do in a short space of time. At the moment we are doing the best we can but the players are looking good and raring to go. They are really working hard because they are aware of what is expected of them.
“They look very confident, and it would be great for the rest of the players to join up with the national team so I can work with the full team,ÔÇØ said Igesund after Sunday’s training session.
The players too are eager to get on with the tournament.
Said Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder Hlompho Kekana: ‘It is always a great feeling to represent your country and I am happy to be here. If you look at the players you can seen they want do to well for South Africa. It is a big tournament for us local-based players and we want to show everyone what we are capable of doing.
“We intend to do well, very well and we are really looking forward to the start of the tournament. There is a lot of confidence in the team and the mood is high. As hosts we are expected to go all the way and that is our focus.ÔÇØ
Bafana Bafana will have their next training session on Monday morning.