- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Mammule Rankoe is SA’s golden girl in Serbia
- Updated: December 12, 2013
Young Mammule Rankoe returned from the Serbia Memorial Cup 2013 with a gold medal proudly draped around her neck.
Competing in the 1999 category, Rankoe won gold on the bar apparatus final and also took silver in the Individual All-round medal.
Rankoe is certainly 2014 Youth Olympics material and these results will do her chances of potential selection no harm at all.
In the boys competition, Riccardo Colandrea (2001-2002 category)┬áwas outstanding with no fewer than three medals.
His best result came in the parallel bars where he won silver and he also brings home bronze in the Individual All-round and on the rings.
There there was Muhammad Khaalid Mia (1997-1998 category) who took silver on the parallel bars and also finished sixth in his Individual All-round age category (1997-1998) while Ben van Duivenboden (2001-2002) won bronze on the pommel horse.
Our gymnasts used this competition as preparation for the 12th┬áAfrican Gymnastics Championships, which will be held in Tshwane from 25 March to 5 April next year.