- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Mammule Rankoe is SA’s golden girl in Serbia
- Updated: December 12, 2013
Young Mammule Rankoe returned from the Serbia Memorial Cup 2013 with a gold medal proudly draped around her neck.
Competing in the 1999 category, Rankoe won gold on the bar apparatus final and also took silver in the Individual All-round medal.
Rankoe is certainly 2014 Youth Olympics material and these results will do her chances of potential selection no harm at all.
In the boys competition, Riccardo Colandrea (2001-2002 category)┬áwas outstanding with no fewer than three medals.
His best result came in the parallel bars where he won silver and he also brings home bronze in the Individual All-round and on the rings.
There there was Muhammad Khaalid Mia (1997-1998 category) who took silver on the parallel bars and also finished sixth in his Individual All-round age category (1997-1998) while Ben van Duivenboden (2001-2002) won bronze on the pommel horse.
Our gymnasts used this competition as preparation for the 12th┬áAfrican Gymnastics Championships, which will be held in Tshwane from 25 March to 5 April next year.