- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Mammule Rankoe is SA’s golden girl in Serbia
- Updated: December 12, 2013
Young Mammule Rankoe returned from the Serbia Memorial Cup 2013 with a gold medal proudly draped around her neck.
Competing in the 1999 category, Rankoe won gold on the bar apparatus final and also took silver in the Individual All-round medal.
Rankoe is certainly 2014 Youth Olympics material and these results will do her chances of potential selection no harm at all.
In the boys competition, Riccardo Colandrea (2001-2002 category)┬áwas outstanding with no fewer than three medals.
His best result came in the parallel bars where he won silver and he also brings home bronze in the Individual All-round and on the rings.
There there was Muhammad Khaalid Mia (1997-1998 category) who took silver on the parallel bars and also finished sixth in his Individual All-round age category (1997-1998) while Ben van Duivenboden (2001-2002) won bronze on the pommel horse.
Our gymnasts used this competition as preparation for the 12th┬áAfrican Gymnastics Championships, which will be held in Tshwane from 25 March to 5 April next year.