- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Amajita open Cosafa campaign with 4-0 win
- Updated: December 6, 2013
The South African National Under-20 side, Amajita, got their Cosafa U20 Youth Championships off to a flying start with an impressive 4-0 win over Seychelles.
The South African youngsters had never played together for any length time and this was their first competitive match for the year. Nevertheless, they looked sharp with some really impressive moves on and off the ball.
It took just 13 minutes for Amajita to open the scoring through Orlando Pirates youngster Siyanda Ngubo, who capitalised on some holes in the Seychelles defence to slot the ball home.
Then captain Ayabulela Magqwaka made it 2-0 on 28 minutes as the South Africans continued their dominance. It remained that way going into the break with goalkeeper Jody February pretty much a spectator as he was seldom threatened.
Ngubo completed his brace on 48 minutes before making way for Kaizer Chiefs striker Sihle Nduli later in the match. Ntandoyenkosi Ngubane had the ball in the back of the net but that was disallowed. Nevertheless, it did not matter as Nhlakanipho Ntuli fired the fourth a minute from time.
It was the best possible start for the South Africans and they will now look forward to their next match against Zambia highly confident. That match will be played on Saturday in Maseru, with kick-off at 5pm.