- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
WTSA celebrate with Strand Open
- Updated: December 3, 2013
Wheelchair Tennis South Africa celebrates Wednesday’s International Day for Persons with Disabilities by hosting the Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) Strand Open 2013 starting on Thursday.
The theme this year is Break Barriers, Open Doors for an Inclusive Society for All.
Around 64 players are expected to participate in the event, with the majority of players being from our regional programmes. SA Sports Awards winners Lucas Sithole, KG Montjane and Thato Tsomole will all be participating in this, their last event on the NEC International Wheelchair Tennis Tour.
WTSA would like to encourage all to raise their flags for these inspirational young athletes and join them for a spoil of top class wheelchair tennis to increase awareness of the sports and celebrate and support the inspirational women and men who participate in Wheelchair Tennis.
The 2013 Airports Company South Africa Strand Open will be played at the Charles Morkel Stadium in Church Street. It’s one of the events of the NEC World Wheelchair Tennis Tour, and participation in this event in made possible by a generous sponsorship by Airports Company South Africa.