- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
WTSA celebrate with Strand Open
- Updated: December 3, 2013
Wheelchair Tennis South Africa celebrates Wednesday’s International Day for Persons with Disabilities by hosting the Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) Strand Open 2013 starting on Thursday.
The theme this year is Break Barriers, Open Doors for an Inclusive Society for All.
Around 64 players are expected to participate in the event, with the majority of players being from our regional programmes. SA Sports Awards winners Lucas Sithole, KG Montjane and Thato Tsomole will all be participating in this, their last event on the NEC International Wheelchair Tennis Tour.
WTSA would like to encourage all to raise their flags for these inspirational young athletes and join them for a spoil of top class wheelchair tennis to increase awareness of the sports and celebrate and support the inspirational women and men who participate in Wheelchair Tennis.
The 2013 Airports Company South Africa Strand Open will be played at the Charles Morkel Stadium in Church Street. It’s one of the events of the NEC World Wheelchair Tennis Tour, and participation in this event in made possible by a generous sponsorship by Airports Company South Africa.