- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
WTSA celebrate with Strand Open
- Updated: December 3, 2013
Wheelchair Tennis South Africa celebrates Wednesday’s International Day for Persons with Disabilities by hosting the Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) Strand Open 2013 starting on Thursday.
The theme this year is Break Barriers, Open Doors for an Inclusive Society for All.
Around 64 players are expected to participate in the event, with the majority of players being from our regional programmes. SA Sports Awards winners Lucas Sithole, KG Montjane and Thato Tsomole will all be participating in this, their last event on the NEC International Wheelchair Tennis Tour.
WTSA would like to encourage all to raise their flags for these inspirational young athletes and join them for a spoil of top class wheelchair tennis to increase awareness of the sports and celebrate and support the inspirational women and men who participate in Wheelchair Tennis.
The 2013 Airports Company South Africa Strand Open will be played at the Charles Morkel Stadium in Church Street. It’s one of the events of the NEC World Wheelchair Tennis Tour, and participation in this event in made possible by a generous sponsorship by Airports Company South Africa.