- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Amajita ready for COSAFA campaign
- Updated: December 3, 2013
The South African men’s Under-20 team, Amajita, have arrived safely in Maseru, Lesotho where they’ll take part in the 2013 COSAFA Under-20 Youth Championships. The side had their first official training session on Monday.
In their opening match, South Africa will face Seychelles on Wednesday at the Mafeteng Stadium with kick-off at 2pm.
Amajita have been in camp for over a week where they played a few practice matches to get ready for the event. They defeated neighbours Botswana 2-1 in their last training match before departing for Lesotho.
On their arrival, former Bafana Bafana captain and legend Lucas ÔÇ£RhooÔÇØ Radebe greeted the South African youngsters.
The team was addressed by Radebe as well as the Head of Delegation for South Africa, Abel Ramoka.
Radebe urged the players to dream big and give hundred percent commitment to the tournament. ÔÇ£You have the world at your feet and this is an opportunity for you to shine,ÔÇØ said Radebe. ÔÇ£Nothing is impossible if you set your minds to achieving your goals.ÔÇØ
South Africa are in Group C along with the Seychelles, Zambia and Namibia.