- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Amajita ready for COSAFA campaign
- Updated: December 3, 2013
The South African men’s Under-20 team, Amajita, have arrived safely in Maseru, Lesotho where they’ll take part in the 2013 COSAFA Under-20 Youth Championships. The side had their first official training session on Monday.
In their opening match, South Africa will face Seychelles on Wednesday at the Mafeteng Stadium with kick-off at 2pm.
Amajita have been in camp for over a week where they played a few practice matches to get ready for the event. They defeated neighbours Botswana 2-1 in their last training match before departing for Lesotho.
On their arrival, former Bafana Bafana captain and legend Lucas ÔÇ£RhooÔÇØ Radebe greeted the South African youngsters.
The team was addressed by Radebe as well as the Head of Delegation for South Africa, Abel Ramoka.
Radebe urged the players to dream big and give hundred percent commitment to the tournament. ÔÇ£You have the world at your feet and this is an opportunity for you to shine,ÔÇØ said Radebe. ÔÇ£Nothing is impossible if you set your minds to achieving your goals.ÔÇØ
South Africa are in Group C along with the Seychelles, Zambia and Namibia.