- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
SA sports stars leave for Gemona
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Please be advised that a squad of athletes and officials will be departing from OR Tambo, Johannesburg to Gemona, Italy on Friday, 22 November 2013.
This training camp agreement is part of SASCOCs plan to make it easier for our athletes to compete against their international counterparts. Italy will be the destination as a handful of athletes visit a top-notch training facility in Gemona for a test period. It is planned that over time, many of our athletes will use this as a springboard to competitions in Europe.
During the visit SASCOC will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with both the City of Gemona and the Italian Olympic Committee on Tuesday, 26 November.
The first five sport disciplines to be introduced to this training facility are: athletics, boxing, canoeing, judo and swimming.
Date: Friday 22 November 2013
Venue: OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg