- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SA sports stars leave for Gemona
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Please be advised that a squad of athletes and officials will be departing from OR Tambo, Johannesburg to Gemona, Italy on Friday, 22 November 2013.
This training camp agreement is part of SASCOCs plan to make it easier for our athletes to compete against their international counterparts. Italy will be the destination as a handful of athletes visit a top-notch training facility in Gemona for a test period. It is planned that over time, many of our athletes will use this as a springboard to competitions in Europe.
During the visit SASCOC will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with both the City of Gemona and the Italian Olympic Committee on Tuesday, 26 November.
The first five sport disciplines to be introduced to this training facility are: athletics, boxing, canoeing, judo and swimming.
Date: Friday 22 November 2013
Venue: OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg