- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
SA sports stars leave for Gemona
- Updated: November 21, 2013
Please be advised that a squad of athletes and officials will be departing from OR Tambo, Johannesburg to Gemona, Italy on Friday, 22 November 2013.
This training camp agreement is part of SASCOCs plan to make it easier for our athletes to compete against their international counterparts. Italy will be the destination as a handful of athletes visit a top-notch training facility in Gemona for a test period. It is planned that over time, many of our athletes will use this as a springboard to competitions in Europe.
During the visit SASCOC will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with both the City of Gemona and the Italian Olympic Committee on Tuesday, 26 November.
The first five sport disciplines to be introduced to this training facility are: athletics, boxing, canoeing, judo and swimming.
Date: Friday 22 November 2013
Venue: OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg