- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Durban gears up for worldclass volleyball feast
- Updated: November 21, 2013
The beach volleyball loving public of ‘surf-city’ Durban are waiting with bated breath for the best players on the planet to converge on their city for the FIVB City of Durban Open Beach Volleyball Championship scheduled to take place at New Beach from 11-15 December.
The Durban event will bring the curtain down on the FIVB’s 2013 beach volleyball championships.
According to Promoter, Sunil Geness a former KZN Provincial volleyball player of note: “I am confident that our well co-ordinated media blitz will create the desired awareness of the global beach volleyball event in our city where the ‘fun never sets.’
The Geness Consulting chief added: ” To this end we are bracing ourselves for a huge turn out of fans and the general public for the entire duration of the sizzling beach volleyball event.
“In addition to watching the world’s best beach volleyball players in action the public can look forward to getting their hands on attractive give-aways from promoters, Geness Consulting. “Be in the stands if you want to be a winner,” said promoter Geness.
Meanwhile, South Africa’s 2016 Olympic Games’ hopefuls, Freedom Chiya and Grant Goldschmidt head the country’s contenders for the FIVB’s final leg in Durban.
Joining Chiya and Goldschmidt for the FIVB City of Durban Open are: Jerome Fredericks/Leo Williams; Leslie Naidoo/Kiefer Govender; Ivan Solomons/Casey Augoustides; Clinton Stemmet/Jamine Naidoo.
Top women’s seeds, Palesa Sekhonyana/Randy Williams will be joined by compatriots Judith Augoustides/Kirsten Pocock; Sheena Abrahams/Natasha Strijdom; Anneta Frederikens and Gadija Jappie for the Durban event.