- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Update from Olympic House
- Updated: November 20, 2013
The month of November was a special highlight as we were graced by some very important guests, these being the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC), newly elected President, Mr Thomas Bach and his accompanying delegates.
It was a huge pleasure for SASCOC to host a special dinner at Olympic House for Mr Bach and many other dignitaries who were in our country for a week to attend the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Conference. We took great pride in showcasing the cultural soul of our majestic country and celebrating the Olympic spirit in style.
Then, as the year begins to wind down to an end, a special press conference was held to highlight SASCOC’s sporting successes for 2013 and to unveil part of the planning for 2014.
Thank you to all who attended and for your continuous support as we continue in our endeavour to take sport in South Africa to a higher level.
My gratitude is also extended to all SASCOC staff who are extremely dedicated in ensuring that all the events we host are done so successfully.