- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Junior women added to SA team for Egypt
- Updated: November 19, 2013
A junior women’s side has been added to the South African cycling team to compete at the 2013 African Continental Championships in Sharm Al Sheikh, Egypt later this month.
The championships start on 29 November and will end on 5 December.
The three young women riders will compete in all the road cycling disciplines during the prestigious Championship event, these being the Team Time Trial, Individual Time Trial and the road races.
Apart from these new additions to the national team, there are also some changes to the men’s line-up. Oupa Maluleki will replace an injured Raynard Butler, and Shaun-Nick Bester will replace Jayde Julius, who is currently ill with a virus.
There’s also a change to the management team which see’s Mark van der Merwe replace Hendrik Wagener.
Wagener has been honoured by being invited to be a member of the Commissaires Panel during the Continental Championships.
The revised national Road Team ÔÇô 2013 African Continental Champs:
Morne van Niekerk
Mark van der Merwe ÔÇô Men’s Manager
Anien Volschenk ÔÇô Women’s Manager