- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
Junior women added to SA team for Egypt
- Updated: November 19, 2013
A junior women’s side has been added to the South African cycling team to compete at the 2013 African Continental Championships in Sharm Al Sheikh, Egypt later this month.
The championships start on 29 November and will end on 5 December.
The three young women riders will compete in all the road cycling disciplines during the prestigious Championship event, these being the Team Time Trial, Individual Time Trial and the road races.
Apart from these new additions to the national team, there are also some changes to the men’s line-up. Oupa Maluleki will replace an injured Raynard Butler, and Shaun-Nick Bester will replace Jayde Julius, who is currently ill with a virus.
There’s also a change to the management team which see’s Mark van der Merwe replace Hendrik Wagener.
Wagener has been honoured by being invited to be a member of the Commissaires Panel during the Continental Championships.
The revised national Road Team ÔÇô 2013 African Continental Champs:
Morne van Niekerk
Mark van der Merwe ÔÇô Men’s Manager
Anien Volschenk ÔÇô Women’s Manager