- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
- Paralympian Ferreira on the mend and targeting nationals
- Hoffman stars but track champs are marred by tragedy
Junior women added to SA team for Egypt
- Updated: November 19, 2013
A junior women’s side has been added to the South African cycling team to compete at the 2013 African Continental Championships in Sharm Al Sheikh, Egypt later this month.
The championships start on 29 November and will end on 5 December.
The three young women riders will compete in all the road cycling disciplines during the prestigious Championship event, these being the Team Time Trial, Individual Time Trial and the road races.
Apart from these new additions to the national team, there are also some changes to the men’s line-up. Oupa Maluleki will replace an injured Raynard Butler, and Shaun-Nick Bester will replace Jayde Julius, who is currently ill with a virus.
There’s also a change to the management team which see’s Mark van der Merwe replace Hendrik Wagener.
Wagener has been honoured by being invited to be a member of the Commissaires Panel during the Continental Championships.
The revised national Road Team ÔÇô 2013 African Continental Champs:
Morne van Niekerk
Mark van der Merwe ÔÇô Men’s Manager
Anien Volschenk ÔÇô Women’s Manager