Well done SASCOC with the new move. This ushers a new era in sports governance. As Limpopo we wholeheartedly welcome the move and support it fully. Joe Mahomole President: Limpopo Sports Confederation
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
SASCOC ADOPTS THE NEW CONSTITUTION
- Updated: November 11, 2013
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee’s (SASCOC) membership convened at Olympic House in Johannesburg for a Special General Meeting on Saturday, 9 November, where the existing Articles of Association was amended to the Constitution of SASCOC the Association.
As had been approved by the membership at the Annual General Meeting held in August earlier this year, SASCOCs structure was modified from a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) to an Association not for gain.
The constitution was adopted and SASCOC will now attend to the de-registration process as an NPO and all assets will be transferred to the Association.
Says SASCOC President: Mr Gideon Sam: It is healthy for a democracy to discuss, contribute and vote for a constitution, which is exactly the way we have done it today.
Sam concluded the meeting by thanking SASCOC Board Members, the legal team as well as all the National Federations for their invaluable and positive contributions to the new Constitution.