Well done SASCOC with the new move. This ushers a new era in sports governance. As Limpopo we wholeheartedly welcome the move and support it fully. Joe Mahomole President: Limpopo Sports Confederation
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
SASCOC ADOPTS THE NEW CONSTITUTION
- Updated: November 11, 2013
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee’s (SASCOC) membership convened at Olympic House in Johannesburg for a Special General Meeting on Saturday, 9 November, where the existing Articles of Association was amended to the Constitution of SASCOC the Association.
As had been approved by the membership at the Annual General Meeting held in August earlier this year, SASCOCs structure was modified from a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) to an Association not for gain.
The constitution was adopted and SASCOC will now attend to the de-registration process as an NPO and all assets will be transferred to the Association.
Says SASCOC President: Mr Gideon Sam: It is healthy for a democracy to discuss, contribute and vote for a constitution, which is exactly the way we have done it today.
Sam concluded the meeting by thanking SASCOC Board Members, the legal team as well as all the National Federations for their invaluable and positive contributions to the new Constitution.