Well done SASCOC with the new move. This ushers a new era in sports governance. As Limpopo we wholeheartedly welcome the move and support it fully. Joe Mahomole President: Limpopo Sports Confederation
- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
SASCOC ADOPTS THE NEW CONSTITUTION
- Updated: November 11, 2013
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee’s (SASCOC) membership convened at Olympic House in Johannesburg for a Special General Meeting on Saturday, 9 November, where the existing Articles of Association was amended to the Constitution of SASCOC the Association.
As had been approved by the membership at the Annual General Meeting held in August earlier this year, SASCOCs structure was modified from a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) to an Association not for gain.
The constitution was adopted and SASCOC will now attend to the de-registration process as an NPO and all assets will be transferred to the Association.
Says SASCOC President: Mr Gideon Sam: It is healthy for a democracy to discuss, contribute and vote for a constitution, which is exactly the way we have done it today.
Sam concluded the meeting by thanking SASCOC Board Members, the legal team as well as all the National Federations for their invaluable and positive contributions to the new Constitution.