Well done SASCOC with the new move. This ushers a new era in sports governance. As Limpopo we wholeheartedly welcome the move and support it fully. Joe Mahomole President: Limpopo Sports Confederation
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
SASCOC ADOPTS THE NEW CONSTITUTION
- Updated: November 11, 2013
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee’s (SASCOC) membership convened at Olympic House in Johannesburg for a Special General Meeting on Saturday, 9 November, where the existing Articles of Association was amended to the Constitution of SASCOC the Association.
As had been approved by the membership at the Annual General Meeting held in August earlier this year, SASCOCs structure was modified from a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) to an Association not for gain.
The constitution was adopted and SASCOC will now attend to the de-registration process as an NPO and all assets will be transferred to the Association.
Says SASCOC President: Mr Gideon Sam: It is healthy for a democracy to discuss, contribute and vote for a constitution, which is exactly the way we have done it today.
Sam concluded the meeting by thanking SASCOC Board Members, the legal team as well as all the National Federations for their invaluable and positive contributions to the new Constitution.