- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Le Clos charges to another world record
- Updated: November 5, 2013
Chad le Clos continued his remarkable rise to fame and fortune when he smashed his own world record at the Fina World Cup short-course event in Singapore on Tuesday.
Le Clos, the Olympic and World long-course champion, clocked 1min 48.56sec at the Singapore Sports School pool to rewrite his own mark of 1:49.04 clocked in August.
In a remote second place was Poland’s Pawel Korzeniowaki in 1:53.59 and third was Japan’s Yuki Kobori in 1:55.39.
The South African sensation is shortlisted for Sports Star of the Year at the country’s annual awards banquet and as last year’s winner he will have a strong chance of picking up the glittering prize again.