- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Le Clos charges to another world record
- Updated: November 5, 2013
Chad le Clos continued his remarkable rise to fame and fortune when he smashed his own world record at the Fina World Cup short-course event in Singapore on Tuesday.
Le Clos, the Olympic and World long-course champion, clocked 1min 48.56sec at the Singapore Sports School pool to rewrite his own mark of 1:49.04 clocked in August.
In a remote second place was Poland’s Pawel Korzeniowaki in 1:53.59 and third was Japan’s Yuki Kobori in 1:55.39.
The South African sensation is shortlisted for Sports Star of the Year at the country’s annual awards banquet and as last year’s winner he will have a strong chance of picking up the glittering prize again.