- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Le Clos charges to another world record
- Updated: November 5, 2013
Chad le Clos continued his remarkable rise to fame and fortune when he smashed his own world record at the Fina World Cup short-course event in Singapore on Tuesday.
Le Clos, the Olympic and World long-course champion, clocked 1min 48.56sec at the Singapore Sports School pool to rewrite his own mark of 1:49.04 clocked in August.
In a remote second place was Poland’s Pawel Korzeniowaki in 1:53.59 and third was Japan’s Yuki Kobori in 1:55.39.
The South African sensation is shortlisted for Sports Star of the Year at the country’s annual awards banquet and as last year’s winner he will have a strong chance of picking up the glittering prize again.