- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Le Clos charges to another world record
- Updated: November 5, 2013
Chad le Clos continued his remarkable rise to fame and fortune when he smashed his own world record at the Fina World Cup short-course event in Singapore on Tuesday.
Le Clos, the Olympic and World long-course champion, clocked 1min 48.56sec at the Singapore Sports School pool to rewrite his own mark of 1:49.04 clocked in August.
In a remote second place was Poland’s Pawel Korzeniowaki in 1:53.59 and third was Japan’s Yuki Kobori in 1:55.39.
The South African sensation is shortlisted for Sports Star of the Year at the country’s annual awards banquet and as last year’s winner he will have a strong chance of picking up the glittering prize again.