- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Le Clos charges to another world record
- Updated: November 5, 2013
Chad le Clos continued his remarkable rise to fame and fortune when he smashed his own world record at the Fina World Cup short-course event in Singapore on Tuesday.
Le Clos, the Olympic and World long-course champion, clocked 1min 48.56sec at the Singapore Sports School pool to rewrite his own mark of 1:49.04 clocked in August.
In a remote second place was Poland’s Pawel Korzeniowaki in 1:53.59 and third was Japan’s Yuki Kobori in 1:55.39.
The South African sensation is shortlisted for Sports Star of the Year at the country’s annual awards banquet and as last year’s winner he will have a strong chance of picking up the glittering prize again.