- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Continental award for canoeist Bridgitte
- Updated: October 29, 2013
Our Olympic bronze medal-winning canoeist, Bridgitte Hartley has been named African Female Paddler of the year, writes Mark Etheridge.
The announcement was made by the Confederation of African Canoeing (CAC) and the selection committee was made up of Ms Olubunmi Oluode (secretary-general of the Nigeria Canoe Federation), Philip Albert (national coach of the Seychelles Canoe Federation) and Benjamin Boukpeti (Togo’s Olympic slalom medallist).
KwaZulu-Natal’s Hartley was joined in the winner’s box by Mohammed Ali Mrabet of Tunisia (as Male Paddler of the Year), coach Ms Samia Ouertani (Tunisia) and para-canoeist Josemar Andrade of Angola also received a special award.
The awards will be presented at the African Canoe Sprint Championships and Awards Dinner in Tunisia┬á next month.