- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Cycling SA name team for Tour of Rwanda
- Updated: October 17, 2013
A team of five riders will represent South Africa at the 2013 Tour of Rwanda cycle race next month.
The team was announced by Cycling South Africa (CSA) on Thursday. The tour starts and finishes in Kigali and will run from 17-24 November.
This year is the fifth running of the popular African road cycling stage race, organised by the Rwandan Cycling Federation.
The Tour is made up of a prologue and eight stages, covering a total distance of 876 kilometres, and is part of the UCI Africa Tour for the fourth time.┬áThe route incorporates three flat stages, four mountain stages and one individual Time Trial.
According to the UCI (International Cycling Union) rules and regulations, Cycling SA are not permitted to select any Team MTN-Qhubeka or MTN-Qhubeka Feeder Team riders to participate in the Tour of Rwanda, as they will be sending their pro-team to participate in the tour.┬áThis means that defending champion Darren Lill will not be competing to defend his title.
The team for Rwanda is:
Dylan Girdlestone, Nico Thiart, Reynard Butler, Craig Symons, Paul van Zweel
Management: George Stroebel Jnr (manager), Glen Bonthuys (assistant manager), Evan Thys (mechanic)