- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Anderson takes on lanky Frenchman in Stockholm
- Updated: October 17, 2013
Kevin Anderson is seeded fourth as he prepares to get his Stockholm Open campaign underway, writes Mark Etheridge.
Ranked 20th in the latest ATP Tour rankings, Anderson had a bye in the first round of the $530,000 hard court tournament. Spain’s David Ferrer is seeded first.
Anderson had a bye in the first round and takes on Kenny de Schepper in the second round.
The French player beat Sweden’s Markus Eriksson in three sets of first round action.
Standing a towering 2.03m tall, the same as Anderson, 26-year-old De Schepper is ranked 96th in the world after a career-high of 67th earlier this year.
The two have never met in any form of competition. Should Anderson go through he faces a possible clash with big Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, the seventh seed.