- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Anderson takes on lanky Frenchman in Stockholm
- Updated: October 17, 2013
Kevin Anderson is seeded fourth as he prepares to get his Stockholm Open campaign underway, writes Mark Etheridge.
Ranked 20th in the latest ATP Tour rankings, Anderson had a bye in the first round of the $530,000 hard court tournament. Spain’s David Ferrer is seeded first.
Anderson had a bye in the first round and takes on Kenny de Schepper in the second round.
The French player beat Sweden’s Markus Eriksson in three sets of first round action.
Standing a towering 2.03m tall, the same as Anderson, 26-year-old De Schepper is ranked 96th in the world after a career-high of 67th earlier this year.
The two have never met in any form of competition. Should Anderson go through he faces a possible clash with big Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, the seventh seed.