- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Anderson takes on lanky Frenchman in Stockholm
- Updated: October 17, 2013
Kevin Anderson is seeded fourth as he prepares to get his Stockholm Open campaign underway, writes Mark Etheridge.
Ranked 20th in the latest ATP Tour rankings, Anderson had a bye in the first round of the $530,000 hard court tournament. Spain’s David Ferrer is seeded first.
Anderson had a bye in the first round and takes on Kenny de Schepper in the second round.
The French player beat Sweden’s Markus Eriksson in three sets of first round action.
Standing a towering 2.03m tall, the same as Anderson, 26-year-old De Schepper is ranked 96th in the world after a career-high of 67th earlier this year.
The two have never met in any form of competition. Should Anderson go through he faces a possible clash with big Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, the seventh seed.