- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
SA wheelchair basketballers face venue change
- Updated: October 11, 2013
A second continental sports event has been disrupted by political instability.
First the siege of the Westlake Mall in Nairobi, Kenya saw the African Cup of Nations hockey tournament being put back by more than a month.
Now the African Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Championships have had to be moved from Egypt to Angola.
The top teams in Africa where scheduled to compete in Egypt but the current political climate has seen an enforced venue change.
The dates for the tournament in Luanda are 24 October-3 November .
South Africa will enter the event as the top-ranked team as well as defending champions, with Nigeria ranked second and Zimbabwe third. Angola, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco will also take part.
The top three finishers from the event will qualify for the 2014 IWBF Wheelchair Basketball World Championships, which will take place from 1-12 July next year in Incheon, South Korea.