- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
SA wheelchair basketballers face venue change
- Updated: October 11, 2013
A second continental sports event has been disrupted by political instability.
First the siege of the Westlake Mall in Nairobi, Kenya saw the African Cup of Nations hockey tournament being put back by more than a month.
Now the African Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Championships have had to be moved from Egypt to Angola.
The top teams in Africa where scheduled to compete in Egypt but the current political climate has seen an enforced venue change.
The dates for the tournament in Luanda are 24 October-3 November .
South Africa will enter the event as the top-ranked team as well as defending champions, with Nigeria ranked second and Zimbabwe third. Angola, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco will also take part.
The top three finishers from the event will qualify for the 2014 IWBF Wheelchair Basketball World Championships, which will take place from 1-12 July next year in Incheon, South Korea.