- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Season-ending victory for SA’s Johnson
- Updated: October 9, 2013
Philippa Johnson has ended her summer season on a high with victory at an international competition in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
The three-time Paralympian took part at the CDR Vliermaalroot dressage event, riding Lord Louis.
And, says Johnson, the new revamped competition procedure seems to be working well.
“We got to try out our new idea about the 45-minute warm-up and I have to say he was far more settled,” she told Road to Rio 2016.
“But I have say he was a little behind my leg so it is still a work in progress. But he still did a good test, we competed in the M3 division which has nine horses in the class.
“We won it with 69.02% which was a fabulous win, with the horse in second place scoring 64.92%. What a super way to finish our summer competition season.!”