- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Season-ending victory for SA’s Johnson
- Updated: October 9, 2013
Philippa Johnson has ended her summer season on a high with victory at an international competition in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
The three-time Paralympian took part at the CDR Vliermaalroot dressage event, riding Lord Louis.
And, says Johnson, the new revamped competition procedure seems to be working well.
“We got to try out our new idea about the 45-minute warm-up and I have to say he was far more settled,” she told Road to Rio 2016.
“But I have say he was a little behind my leg so it is still a work in progress. But he still did a good test, we competed in the M3 division which has nine horses in the class.
“We won it with 69.02% which was a fabulous win, with the horse in second place scoring 64.92%. What a super way to finish our summer competition season.!”