- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
Johnson and Verdi ride to silver in Belgium
- Updated: October 1, 2013
Phillipa Johnson has had more success aboard Verdi on the European equestrian scene, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her last outing was on Lord Louis but this weekend saw the three-time Paralympian going back to Verdi.
“It was Verdi’s turn out yesterday, competing at the CDN Hasselt,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m thrilled with him he really seems to be coming into himself.
“It has taken three years but he is truly becoming an exciting horse to ride!! If anything the test could have had a touch more spark but I was very pleased.
“The class had 15 horses and we were second with 68.35%!”