- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Johnson and Verdi ride to silver in Belgium
- Updated: October 1, 2013
Phillipa Johnson has had more success aboard Verdi on the European equestrian scene, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her last outing was on Lord Louis but this weekend saw the three-time Paralympian going back to Verdi.
“It was Verdi’s turn out yesterday, competing at the CDN Hasselt,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m thrilled with him he really seems to be coming into himself.
“It has taken three years but he is truly becoming an exciting horse to ride!! If anything the test could have had a touch more spark but I was very pleased.
“The class had 15 horses and we were second with 68.35%!”