- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Johnson and Verdi ride to silver in Belgium
- Updated: October 1, 2013
Phillipa Johnson has had more success aboard Verdi on the European equestrian scene, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her last outing was on Lord Louis but this weekend saw the three-time Paralympian going back to Verdi.
“It was Verdi’s turn out yesterday, competing at the CDN Hasselt,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m thrilled with him he really seems to be coming into himself.
“It has taken three years but he is truly becoming an exciting horse to ride!! If anything the test could have had a touch more spark but I was very pleased.
“The class had 15 horses and we were second with 68.35%!”