- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Roelofse wins doubles title in Kuwait
- Updated: September 30, 2013
South African youngster Ruan Roelofse played his way to the FT Futures tournament doubles tennis title in Kuwait at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Roelofse was teamed up with France’s Tak Khunn Wang and the couple were seeded third for the $US10,000 tournament.
In the final they took on the top seeded British combination of Lewis Burton and Marcus Willis.
Twenty-three-year-old Roelofse, who comes from Cape Town, and Wang went on to win in three sets 4-6 6-3 10-6.