- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Roelofse wins doubles title in Kuwait
- Updated: September 30, 2013
South African youngster Ruan Roelofse played his way to the FT Futures tournament doubles tennis title in Kuwait at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Roelofse was teamed up with France’s Tak Khunn Wang and the couple were seeded third for the $US10,000 tournament.
In the final they took on the top seeded British combination of Lewis Burton and Marcus Willis.
Twenty-three-year-old Roelofse, who comes from Cape Town, and Wang went on to win in three sets 4-6 6-3 10-6.