- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Top volleyballers in Durban action
- Updated: September 28, 2013
Volleyball South Africa (VSA) is hosting the fourth leg of the R60┬á000 Geness Consulting National Beach Volleyball Championship at Durban’s New Beach from 27-29 September.
The top two men’s seeds are Capetonians and 2012 Olympians, Grant Goldschmidt/ Freedom Chiya (pictured right) and Jerome Fredericks and Leo Williams and the women’s top seeds are Kirsten Pocock (Johannesburg) and Judith Augoustides (Cape Town); and Palesa Sekhonyana (Bloemfontein) and Randy Williams (Cape Town).
The prize money on offer is R60┬á000 split equally between the sexes.
The women’s and men’s finals will take place at 2pm and 3pm respectively on Sunday.