- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Top seeds through to finals in PE
- Updated: September 26, 2013
Top seeded Mariska Venter and Leon Els moved into their respective finals on the penultimate day of the Airports Company South Africa Eastern Cape Open wheelchair tennis tournament in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday.
Els was uncompromising and unforgiving, disposing of Mayenzeke Gwija 6-2 6-0 in a match that saw him demonstrate his full prowess, firing a warning shot to any contender hoping to depose of him.┬áIn the bottom half of the draw, Patrick Selepe dashed hopes of second seed Frank Ramokatsi reaching his first final. The score was a hard fought 7-6 6-2 to Selepe who will now meet Els in the final.
Venter and Rose van der Meer will continue their rivalry of recent times with yet another meeting in the finals.┬á Van der Meer showed no remorse on court as she┬ádemolished surprise semi-finalist, Lethabo Shai with a 6-0 6-0 score-line.
Venter though, showed the stern stuff she is made of in a scintillating performance against Thando Hlatswayo, winning 6-3 6-4.┬á┬áThe match was characterised by top notch tactical play leaving supporters in awe, and Thando hungry for revenge.