- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Johnson ends sixth in Belgium competition
- Updated: September 25, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has had an up and down return at her latest equestrian outing in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing on Lord Louis, she took part at the CDR Kuringern event but feisty hardly begins to describe Lord Louis’ mood. “Unfortunately the little Lord was a bit bomb-like and decided to explode numerous times through his test.” she told Road to Rio 2016.
“It was a pity because the things he did well saw him scoring seven’s and eight’s but for his explosions we scored four’s. We finished 6th in the M4 with 64.03% and there were eight horses in the class.
“We were very lucky in that I was the second last horse to go so once the other horse had finished it’s test the steward kindly allowed us to ride through the test again, so yesterday turned into a schooling session.
“Coach Chris [Haazen] and I have decided that now that he is so fit our normal half an hour warm up is not enough and we need to up our warm-up time. We’ll have a chance to test it out in two weeks time.”