- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Johnson ends sixth in Belgium competition
- Updated: September 25, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has had an up and down return at her latest equestrian outing in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing on Lord Louis, she took part at the CDR Kuringern event but feisty hardly begins to describe Lord Louis’ mood. “Unfortunately the little Lord was a bit bomb-like and decided to explode numerous times through his test.” she told Road to Rio 2016.
“It was a pity because the things he did well saw him scoring seven’s and eight’s but for his explosions we scored four’s. We finished 6th in the M4 with 64.03% and there were eight horses in the class.
“We were very lucky in that I was the second last horse to go so once the other horse had finished it’s test the steward kindly allowed us to ride through the test again, so yesterday turned into a schooling session.
“Coach Chris [Haazen] and I have decided that now that he is so fit our normal half an hour warm up is not enough and we need to up our warm-up time. We’ll have a chance to test it out in two weeks time.”