- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Swanepoel captains Under-21 side to Junior World Cup
- Updated: September 20, 2013
The South Africa Under-21 men’s hockey team for the 2013 Men’s Junior World Cup tournament in Delhi, India in December has been announced by the SA Hockey Association.
Head coach Darryn Gallagher’s side will be captained by Dylan Swanepoel of Western Province with Mohamed Mea of KZN Coastal his deputy.
SA U21 team
Adrian Abrahams (WP), Daniel Bell (WP), Matt Brown (Southern Gauteng), Chad Cairncross (EP), Richard Curtis (KZN Coastal), Taylor Dart (SG), Ren├® de la Peyre (Northern Blues), James Drummond (WP), Marc Fourie (WP), Grant Glutz (NB), Ross Gonsalves (NB), Keenan Horne (WP), Damian Kimfley (KZN Inland), Ignatius Malgraff (North West), Andrew Manson (KZNC), Mohamed Mea (vice-capt, KZNC), Daniel Sibbald (KZNC), Dylan Swanepoel (capt, WP).
Non-travelling reserves: Marc Turner, Bernard Greybe, Michael Watson, Niel Roode, Michael Mulder (all WP), Ross Hetem, Matt de Souza (both KZNC), Brynn Cleak (SG).