- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Swanepoel captains Under-21 side to Junior World Cup
- Updated: September 20, 2013
The South Africa Under-21 men’s hockey team for the 2013 Men’s Junior World Cup tournament in Delhi, India in December has been announced by the SA Hockey Association.
Head coach Darryn Gallagher’s side will be captained by Dylan Swanepoel of Western Province with Mohamed Mea of KZN Coastal his deputy.
SA U21 team
Adrian Abrahams (WP), Daniel Bell (WP), Matt Brown (Southern Gauteng), Chad Cairncross (EP), Richard Curtis (KZN Coastal), Taylor Dart (SG), Ren├® de la Peyre (Northern Blues), James Drummond (WP), Marc Fourie (WP), Grant Glutz (NB), Ross Gonsalves (NB), Keenan Horne (WP), Damian Kimfley (KZN Inland), Ignatius Malgraff (North West), Andrew Manson (KZNC), Mohamed Mea (vice-capt, KZNC), Daniel Sibbald (KZNC), Dylan Swanepoel (capt, WP).
Non-travelling reserves: Marc Turner, Bernard Greybe, Michael Watson, Niel Roode, Michael Mulder (all WP), Ross Hetem, Matt de Souza (both KZNC), Brynn Cleak (SG).