- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Swanepoel captains Under-21 side to Junior World Cup
- Updated: September 20, 2013
The South Africa Under-21 men’s hockey team for the 2013 Men’s Junior World Cup tournament in Delhi, India in December has been announced by the SA Hockey Association.
Head coach Darryn Gallagher’s side will be captained by Dylan Swanepoel of Western Province with Mohamed Mea of KZN Coastal his deputy.
SA U21 team
Adrian Abrahams (WP), Daniel Bell (WP), Matt Brown (Southern Gauteng), Chad Cairncross (EP), Richard Curtis (KZN Coastal), Taylor Dart (SG), Ren├® de la Peyre (Northern Blues), James Drummond (WP), Marc Fourie (WP), Grant Glutz (NB), Ross Gonsalves (NB), Keenan Horne (WP), Damian Kimfley (KZN Inland), Ignatius Malgraff (North West), Andrew Manson (KZNC), Mohamed Mea (vice-capt, KZNC), Daniel Sibbald (KZNC), Dylan Swanepoel (capt, WP).
Non-travelling reserves: Marc Turner, Bernard Greybe, Michael Watson, Niel Roode, Michael Mulder (all WP), Ross Hetem, Matt de Souza (both KZNC), Brynn Cleak (SG).