- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
Swanepoel captains Under-21 side to Junior World Cup
- Updated: September 20, 2013
The South Africa Under-21 men’s hockey team for the 2013 Men’s Junior World Cup tournament in Delhi, India in December has been announced by the SA Hockey Association.
Head coach Darryn Gallagher’s side will be captained by Dylan Swanepoel of Western Province with Mohamed Mea of KZN Coastal his deputy.
SA U21 team
Adrian Abrahams (WP), Daniel Bell (WP), Matt Brown (Southern Gauteng), Chad Cairncross (EP), Richard Curtis (KZN Coastal), Taylor Dart (SG), Ren├® de la Peyre (Northern Blues), James Drummond (WP), Marc Fourie (WP), Grant Glutz (NB), Ross Gonsalves (NB), Keenan Horne (WP), Damian Kimfley (KZN Inland), Ignatius Malgraff (North West), Andrew Manson (KZNC), Mohamed Mea (vice-capt, KZNC), Daniel Sibbald (KZNC), Dylan Swanepoel (capt, WP).
Non-travelling reserves: Marc Turner, Bernard Greybe, Michael Watson, Niel Roode, Michael Mulder (all WP), Ross Hetem, Matt de Souza (both KZNC), Brynn Cleak (SG).