- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
CSA names team for Track World Cup
- Updated: September 16, 2013
An 11-strong squad has been named by Cycling South Africa to take part in the first leg of the UCI Track World Cup series in Manchester, England on 1-3 November.
This in line with CSA’s strategic build-up to next year’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
The squad will feature men’s sprint and endurance and women’s endurance disciplines.
The team is yet to be finalised as a number of cyclists were out of the country or were unable to attend this weekend’s track cycling Grand Prix and Interprovincial that was hosted in Cape Town. As such the final selection will be made during a week-long track training camp from 14-20 October. Thereafter, the team will depart for a further ten-day training camp in Newport, South Wales.
The squad selected to date is:
Men’s track sprint: Bernard Esterhuizen, Jeann├® Nell, Jean Smith, Kyle Borchjes
Men’s track endurance: Nolan Hoffman, Kellan Gouveris, Evan Carstens, Theuns van der Bank, Marco Abrahams, Brandon Christians
Women’s track endurance: Maroejska Matthee
Picture: Gameplan Media