- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
CSA names team for Track World Cup
- Updated: September 16, 2013
An 11-strong squad has been named by Cycling South Africa to take part in the first leg of the UCI Track World Cup series in Manchester, England on 1-3 November.
This in line with CSA’s strategic build-up to next year’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
The squad will feature men’s sprint and endurance and women’s endurance disciplines.
The team is yet to be finalised as a number of cyclists were out of the country or were unable to attend this weekend’s track cycling Grand Prix and Interprovincial that was hosted in Cape Town. As such the final selection will be made during a week-long track training camp from 14-20 October. Thereafter, the team will depart for a further ten-day training camp in Newport, South Wales.
The squad selected to date is:
Men’s track sprint: Bernard Esterhuizen, Jeann├® Nell, Jean Smith, Kyle Borchjes
Men’s track endurance: Nolan Hoffman, Kellan Gouveris, Evan Carstens, Theuns van der Bank, Marco Abrahams, Brandon Christians
Women’s track endurance: Maroejska Matthee
Picture: Gameplan Media