- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
SASCOC continues to support OPEX athletes
- Updated: August 23, 2013
The membership is aware of the decision to suspend Athletics South Africa (ASA) as a result of its administrative malpractice.
But as of 15 July 2013, SASCOC decided to voluntarily and magnanimously continue to support athletes on OPEX (Operation Excellence Programme) to ensure they are not prejudiced in any way because of ASA’s suspension.
SASCOC has been able to determine that the IAAF have appointed Mr Cheikh Thiare, Executive Assistant to IAAF President (Mr Lamine Diack), together with IOC Member Mr Sam Ramsamy, to resolve the matter.
Further information in this regard will be provided by these gentlemen in due course.