- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Johnson takes third spot in Belgium
- Updated: August 21, 2013
Treble Paralympian Phillippa Johnson had a third-place finish in her most recent equestrian outing at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Lord Louis got another chance to show his stuff with the occasion being the CDR Vliermaalroot competition in Belgium.
On this occasion there was no calming influence of coach Chris Haaze to help out though.
“Unfortunately we were on our lonesome as Chris left on Saturday for Denmark for the European Championships,” Johnson told Road to Rio 2016.
“It was not our top day, I still think we are not ready to go out without Chris, because I’m still very unsure about how Louis is going to react.
“Although, having said that, I must say he is becoming more and more settled with each outing but I still don’t trust him. I think this lack of trust makes me under-ride him.
“As things turned out we competed in the M4 which had 10 horses in the class and finished third with 66.11%.”