- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Johnson takes third spot in Belgium
- Updated: August 21, 2013
Treble Paralympian Phillippa Johnson had a third-place finish in her most recent equestrian outing at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Lord Louis got another chance to show his stuff with the occasion being the CDR Vliermaalroot competition in Belgium.
On this occasion there was no calming influence of coach Chris Haaze to help out though.
“Unfortunately we were on our lonesome as Chris left on Saturday for Denmark for the European Championships,” Johnson told Road to Rio 2016.
“It was not our top day, I still think we are not ready to go out without Chris, because I’m still very unsure about how Louis is going to react.
“Although, having said that, I must say he is becoming more and more settled with each outing but I still don’t trust him. I think this lack of trust makes me under-ride him.
“As things turned out we competed in the M4 which had 10 horses in the class and finished third with 66.11%.”