- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
SA beat Kenya 5-0 at Cup of Nations
- Updated: August 16, 2013
South Africa thrashed Kenya 5-0 in the Africa Cup of Nations badminton team event in Rosehill, Mauritius on Thursday.
But with Ghana beating Morocco 5-0 in a later game South Africa still have lots of work to do.
They need to beat Ghana to keep their dreams of gold alive. After that fixture they face their most difficult game of┬á Pool A when they take on Mauritius on Friday.
In Pool B Nigeria are way ahead but there was a great clash between Seychelles and Egypt which saw things all square at 2-2 before the final game.
Seychelles had to have nerves of steel but won in three sets eventually, 13-21 23-21 and 21-19.