- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
SA beat Kenya 5-0 at Cup of Nations
- Updated: August 16, 2013
South Africa thrashed Kenya 5-0 in the Africa Cup of Nations badminton team event in Rosehill, Mauritius on Thursday.
But with Ghana beating Morocco 5-0 in a later game South Africa still have lots of work to do.
They need to beat Ghana to keep their dreams of gold alive. After that fixture they face their most difficult game of┬á Pool A when they take on Mauritius on Friday.
In Pool B Nigeria are way ahead but there was a great clash between Seychelles and Egypt which saw things all square at 2-2 before the final game.
Seychelles had to have nerves of steel but won in three sets eventually, 13-21 23-21 and 21-19.