- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Another title for SA’s Johnson in Belgium
- Updated: August 13, 2013
Paralympian Phillippa Johnson has notched up yet another international equestrian victory on her mount Lord Louis, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her and Lord Louis competed in Belgium where she is based for the majority of the year.
“Normally I wouldn’t have competed Lord Louis yesterday after the four days of the Belgium Championships,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “But we were asked by our region as it made part of an inter-regional competition. We competed in the M3 which had 16 horses.
“It was a typical Belgium summer, when I entered the arena it was raining and as the test went on the rain got progressively harder and we finished in a serious shower. But I have to say I really felt the benefit of the four days at the Champs.
“Louis was far more settled than he usually is and didn’t even react to the rain (one advantage of not having an indoor arena at home). We won with a score of 69.09%”