- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Another title for SA’s Johnson in Belgium
- Updated: August 13, 2013
Paralympian Phillippa Johnson has notched up yet another international equestrian victory on her mount Lord Louis, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her and Lord Louis competed in Belgium where she is based for the majority of the year.
“Normally I wouldn’t have competed Lord Louis yesterday after the four days of the Belgium Championships,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “But we were asked by our region as it made part of an inter-regional competition. We competed in the M3 which had 16 horses.
“It was a typical Belgium summer, when I entered the arena it was raining and as the test went on the rain got progressively harder and we finished in a serious shower. But I have to say I really felt the benefit of the four days at the Champs.
“Louis was far more settled than he usually is and didn’t even react to the rain (one advantage of not having an indoor arena at home). We won with a score of 69.09%”