- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Another title for SA’s Johnson in Belgium
- Updated: August 13, 2013
Paralympian Phillippa Johnson has notched up yet another international equestrian victory on her mount Lord Louis, writes Mark Etheridge.
Her and Lord Louis competed in Belgium where she is based for the majority of the year.
“Normally I wouldn’t have competed Lord Louis yesterday after the four days of the Belgium Championships,” she told Road to Rio 2016. “But we were asked by our region as it made part of an inter-regional competition. We competed in the M3 which had 16 horses.
“It was a typical Belgium summer, when I entered the arena it was raining and as the test went on the rain got progressively harder and we finished in a serious shower. But I have to say I really felt the benefit of the four days at the Champs.
“Louis was far more settled than he usually is and didn’t even react to the rain (one advantage of not having an indoor arena at home). We won with a score of 69.09%”