- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Le Clos wins second gold at World Championships
- Updated: August 4, 2013
It was another proudly South African moment for Chad le Clos as he produced a second gold winning performance on the seventh day of the FINA World Championships in Barcelona on Saturday night.
Coming from behind for a sensational finish, Le Clos scooped the 100-metre butterfly world title in a new personal best time of 51.06. Laszlo Cseh from Hungary took the silver in 51.45 and Poland’s Konrad Czerniak the bronze in 51.46.
In the fast 50m freestyle final, Roland Schoeman managed a 7th place finish, clocking 21.85, with the gold in that race going to Brazil’s Cesar Cielo in 21.32.
Gerhard Zandberg concluded the 50m backstroke semi-finals in an overall 13th position with a time of 25.24.
In the morning heats session, Trudi Maree came 32nd in the 50m freestyle in 26.02, while Tara Nicholas finished 45th in the 50m breaststroke in 33.04 and Myles Brown ended 17th in the 1500m freestyle with a time of 15:14.51.
The final day of the FINA World Championships will take place on Sunday with Michael Meyer and Rene Warnes swimming the 400m individual medley.