- All square between SA U21 and KZN Raiders at men’s IPT
- Amawheelaboys beat Roller Blacks to take series
- Viljoen bags bronze in Beijing but Maxwell drops out of marathon
- North West are best at national championships
- Dominant S Gauteng whip WP to take IPT hockey title
- Mundell 33rd in 50km walk as sprint relay dreams shattered
- It’s a repeat of 2014 nationals as North West take on Gauteng
- SA wheelchair basketballers bulldoze NZ Roller Blacks
- S Gauteng and WP contest IPT women’s final
- Viljoen into javelin final with just one big throw in Beijing
Solid sevens power past Uruguay and into semi-finals
- Updated: August 3, 2013
Team South Africa’s sevens side moved through to the semi-finals at the World Games here in Cali, Colombia on Friday… the only quarter-finalists not to concede a point, writes Mark Etheridge.
In action first up, coach Vuyo Zangqa’s men accounted for Uruguay 36-0 after leading 17-0 at halftime.
The Blitzboks were in business just 30 seconds into the game when WJ Strydom went over down the left.
There followed tries by Kyle Brown and Ruwellyn Isbell, both down the right flank.
In the second half the SA side were again on the board within 45 seconds as Seabelo Senatla burst through the Uruguayan defence and ran from inside his own half to dot down under the posts.
The South Americans then lost a player for two minutes after a yellow card offence and Mark Richards took advantage of the extra man to go over and in the last play of the match it was that prolific tryscorer
Senatla again, this time crossing the chalk after breaking free from his own 22m line.