- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Solid sevens power past Uruguay and into semi-finals
- Updated: August 3, 2013
Team South Africa’s sevens side moved through to the semi-finals at the World Games here in Cali, Colombia on Friday… the only quarter-finalists not to concede a point, writes Mark Etheridge.
In action first up, coach Vuyo Zangqa’s men accounted for Uruguay 36-0 after leading 17-0 at halftime.
The Blitzboks were in business just 30 seconds into the game when WJ Strydom went over down the left.
There followed tries by Kyle Brown and Ruwellyn Isbell, both down the right flank.
In the second half the SA side were again on the board within 45 seconds as Seabelo Senatla burst through the Uruguayan defence and ran from inside his own half to dot down under the posts.
The South Americans then lost a player for two minutes after a yellow card offence and Mark Richards took advantage of the extra man to go over and in the last play of the match it was that prolific tryscorer
Senatla again, this time crossing the chalk after breaking free from his own 22m line.