- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Road to Rio programme now being broadcast
- Updated: July 30, 2013
The latest issue of South Africa’s premier Olympic programme, Road to Rio, is currently being screened on SuperSport channels.
This episode will feature the African Fencing Championships which took place in Cape Town, where fencers from around the continent battled it out to see which country would be crowned African champions.
The Boxing national were held in Pretoria where the SANABO scouts were looking to include a team of new boxers to their already existing team. They will go on to a training camp in New Zealand, ahead of the World Championships.
In the Paralympic arena we chat to Gerhard Viljoen, a T2 Para-cyclist, who talks about his experience attending the London Paralympic Games last year, as well as how he plans to qualify for Rio.
And then we revisit Kevin Paul, our SB9 Paralympic swimming medallist. He talks about how he won gold in Beijing to winning silver in London, and now his plans for the Road to Rio.
Scheduled screening times
31 July 8pm (SS8)
1 August 00.30am (SS8) and 11am (SS8)
5 August 5.30pm (SS8)
6 August 6.30am┬á (SHD)
9 August 10.30pm (SS8)
12 August 8am (SS8)