- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Road to Rio programme now being broadcast
- Updated: July 30, 2013
The latest issue of South Africa’s premier Olympic programme, Road to Rio, is currently being screened on SuperSport channels.
This episode will feature the African Fencing Championships which took place in Cape Town, where fencers from around the continent battled it out to see which country would be crowned African champions.
The Boxing national were held in Pretoria where the SANABO scouts were looking to include a team of new boxers to their already existing team. They will go on to a training camp in New Zealand, ahead of the World Championships.
In the Paralympic arena we chat to Gerhard Viljoen, a T2 Para-cyclist, who talks about his experience attending the London Paralympic Games last year, as well as how he plans to qualify for Rio.
And then we revisit Kevin Paul, our SB9 Paralympic swimming medallist. He talks about how he won gold in Beijing to winning silver in London, and now his plans for the Road to Rio.
Scheduled screening times
31 July 8pm (SS8)
1 August 00.30am (SS8) and 11am (SS8)
5 August 5.30pm (SS8)
6 August 6.30am┬á (SHD)
9 August 10.30pm (SS8)
12 August 8am (SS8)