- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Road to Rio programme now being broadcast
- Updated: July 30, 2013
The latest issue of South Africa’s premier Olympic programme, Road to Rio, is currently being screened on SuperSport channels.
This episode will feature the African Fencing Championships which took place in Cape Town, where fencers from around the continent battled it out to see which country would be crowned African champions.
The Boxing national were held in Pretoria where the SANABO scouts were looking to include a team of new boxers to their already existing team. They will go on to a training camp in New Zealand, ahead of the World Championships.
In the Paralympic arena we chat to Gerhard Viljoen, a T2 Para-cyclist, who talks about his experience attending the London Paralympic Games last year, as well as how he plans to qualify for Rio.
And then we revisit Kevin Paul, our SB9 Paralympic swimming medallist. He talks about how he won gold in Beijing to winning silver in London, and now his plans for the Road to Rio.
Scheduled screening times
31 July 8pm (SS8)
1 August 00.30am (SS8) and 11am (SS8)
5 August 5.30pm (SS8)
6 August 6.30am┬á (SHD)
9 August 10.30pm (SS8)
12 August 8am (SS8)