- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Johnson and Lord Louis win gold in Belgium
- Updated: July 30, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has notched up another victory in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Based in Belgium for much of the year, Johnson and Lord Louis took part in the CDR Alken competition in that country.
“Sunday was also the official break of the heat wave we have been having, Belgium can never just be normal we are either freezing, drowning or sizzling. This is not to say yesterday was cool, there was still enough sweat to go around!
“Besides two moments of tension caused by the movement and noise of the crowd on the terrace behind us, Louis did a good test and won the M4 class with 69.03%.
“The horse that came second scored a 66.94% so it was a good win. There were 14 horses in the class.”