- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
Johnson and Lord Louis win gold in Belgium
- Updated: July 30, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has notched up another victory in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Based in Belgium for much of the year, Johnson and Lord Louis took part in the CDR Alken competition in that country.
“Sunday was also the official break of the heat wave we have been having, Belgium can never just be normal we are either freezing, drowning or sizzling. This is not to say yesterday was cool, there was still enough sweat to go around!
“Besides two moments of tension caused by the movement and noise of the crowd on the terrace behind us, Louis did a good test and won the M4 class with 69.03%.
“The horse that came second scored a 66.94% so it was a good win. There were 14 horses in the class.”