- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Johnson and Lord Louis win gold in Belgium
- Updated: July 30, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has notched up another victory in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Based in Belgium for much of the year, Johnson and Lord Louis took part in the CDR Alken competition in that country.
“Sunday was also the official break of the heat wave we have been having, Belgium can never just be normal we are either freezing, drowning or sizzling. This is not to say yesterday was cool, there was still enough sweat to go around!
“Besides two moments of tension caused by the movement and noise of the crowd on the terrace behind us, Louis did a good test and won the M4 class with 69.03%.
“The horse that came second scored a 66.94% so it was a good win. There were 14 horses in the class.”