- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Johnson and Lord Louis win gold in Belgium
- Updated: July 30, 2013
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has notched up another victory in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
Based in Belgium for much of the year, Johnson and Lord Louis took part in the CDR Alken competition in that country.
“Sunday was also the official break of the heat wave we have been having, Belgium can never just be normal we are either freezing, drowning or sizzling. This is not to say yesterday was cool, there was still enough sweat to go around!
“Besides two moments of tension caused by the movement and noise of the crowd on the terrace behind us, Louis did a good test and won the M4 class with 69.03%.
“The horse that came second scored a 66.94% so it was a good win. There were 14 horses in the class.”