- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
SASCOC’s Sam congratulates Team SA medallists
- Updated: July 28, 2013
SASCOC congratulated Team South African medal-winning lifesavers at the 2013 World Games in Cali, Colombia on Saturday.
Lifesaving provided two bronze medals on day two of the Games, in the shape of Armand Marais (50m manikin without fins) and then in the 4x25m relay. Team members were Paul van Achterbergh, Barjo van Niekerk, Marais and Dolfie Visser.
“What a great start to the Games,” said SASCOC President Mr Gideon Sam, who has taken time out to visit every code that has been in action to date.
“These two medals will serve to inspire the other codes representing Team South Africa here in Cali. It’s great to see our sportsmen and women’s hard work in training coming to fruition on the international stage.
“Still, I said before the team left South Africa that I like nothing better than hearing the national anthem on foreign soil, so I’m still looking forward to experiencing that here in Cali.”