- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
SASCOC’s Sam congratulates Team SA medallists
- Updated: July 28, 2013
SASCOC congratulated Team South African medal-winning lifesavers at the 2013 World Games in Cali, Colombia on Saturday.
Lifesaving provided two bronze medals on day two of the Games, in the shape of Armand Marais (50m manikin without fins) and then in the 4x25m relay. Team members were Paul van Achterbergh, Barjo van Niekerk, Marais and Dolfie Visser.
“What a great start to the Games,” said SASCOC President Mr Gideon Sam, who has taken time out to visit every code that has been in action to date.
“These two medals will serve to inspire the other codes representing Team South Africa here in Cali. It’s great to see our sportsmen and women’s hard work in training coming to fruition on the international stage.
“Still, I said before the team left South Africa that I like nothing better than hearing the national anthem on foreign soil, so I’m still looking forward to experiencing that here in Cali.”