- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
SASCOC congratulate medal-winning tug-of-war team
- Updated: July 28, 2013
SASCOC on Sunday expressed great pleasure in Team South Africa’s third World Games medal in Cali, Colombia.
The women’s tug-of-war team pulled their way to the bronze medal when they beat Switzerland 2-0 in the play-off.
“That was incredibly exhilarating to experience,” said SASCOC President Gideon Sam, one of many Team SA members in the close-to-capacity Alberto Len Betancourt Coliseum at the local university.
“This team of women epitomises what we want to see by our South African sports teams! Even when they were up against it they fought back and refused to give in.
“What an amazing spirit at the venue and it was great to see how many of the women’s fellow competitors took time out to support the team. The passionate singing of the Shosholoza song to boost the team’s spirits and the way they responded was a gooseflesh moment.
“Now lets hope that the medal-winning becomes a habit going forward in all the codes.”