- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
SASCOC congratulate medal-winning tug-of-war team
- Updated: July 28, 2013
SASCOC on Sunday expressed great pleasure in Team South Africa’s third World Games medal in Cali, Colombia.
The women’s tug-of-war team pulled their way to the bronze medal when they beat Switzerland 2-0 in the play-off.
“That was incredibly exhilarating to experience,” said SASCOC President Gideon Sam, one of many Team SA members in the close-to-capacity Alberto Len Betancourt Coliseum at the local university.
“This team of women epitomises what we want to see by our South African sports teams! Even when they were up against it they fought back and refused to give in.
“What an amazing spirit at the venue and it was great to see how many of the women’s fellow competitors took time out to support the team. The passionate singing of the Shosholoza song to boost the team’s spirits and the way they responded was a gooseflesh moment.
“Now lets hope that the medal-winning becomes a habit going forward in all the codes.”