- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
SA end IPC World Championships with 18 medals
- Updated: July 28, 2013
Team South Africa ended the IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon, France on Sunday with an 18-medal haul, writes Mark Etheridge.
That put them 20th on the overall medals rankings with the Russian Federation topping the table with 52.
Two years ago in Christchurch, New Zealand Team South Africa ended 10th on the medals list with 24 medals.
The final day’s action saw the men’s relay team sealing silver in the T35-38 4x100m relay in an Africa record time of 45.76 seconds, while Hilton Langenhoven received his gold medal for his victory in the T12 long jump competition.
The relay team was made up of Charl du Toit, Union Sekailwe, Fanie van der Merwe and Dyan Buis.