- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
SA end IPC World Championships with 18 medals
- Updated: July 28, 2013
Team South Africa ended the IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon, France on Sunday with an 18-medal haul, writes Mark Etheridge.
That put them 20th on the overall medals rankings with the Russian Federation topping the table with 52.
Two years ago in Christchurch, New Zealand Team South Africa ended 10th on the medals list with 24 medals.
The final day’s action saw the men’s relay team sealing silver in the T35-38 4x100m relay in an Africa record time of 45.76 seconds, while Hilton Langenhoven received his gold medal for his victory in the T12 long jump competition.
The relay team was made up of Charl du Toit, Union Sekailwe, Fanie van der Merwe and Dyan Buis.