- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Scheepers makes semi-finals in Hungary
- Updated: July 16, 2013
Top ranked single player Chani Scheepers reached the semi-finals of the Hungarian Grand Prix event at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Seeded sixth for the tournament, Scheepers beat Croatia’s Petra Martic and Danka Kovinic of Montenegro to set up a semi-final clash against Austria’s Yvonne Meusburger.
Currently ranked 86th to Scheepers’ 68th, Meusburger won in straight sets, 6-2 6-2.
In an ace-less match, Scheepers racked up six double-faults to her opponent’s three.
The two 29-year-old players were out on the clay-surfaced court for an hour and 10 minutes.
Scheepers reached the semi-finals of the doubles competition at Wimbledon recently, the year’s third grand slam competition.