- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Johnson and Lord Louis are buoyant in Belgium
- Updated: July 16, 2013
Double Paralympian Philippa Johnson saddled up for a fine victory in the dressage arena in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Riding Lord Louis, the combination took part in an event in Belgium, where Johnson is based.
“We’re finally back on track and in the competition ring with little Lord Louis and we competed at the CDR Kuringen. We rode the M4 and having not been competing since March he was very good, a couple of over excited moments but settled very quickly,” Johnson told Road to Rio 2016.
“He was rideable in the test, the only thing was he took the one flying change a bit too literally and although the change was clean the judge didn’t seem to appreciate the buck!
“This cost us quite a few points but he still managed to win the class with 67.78%.”
There were seven horses in the class.