- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Johnson and Lord Louis are buoyant in Belgium
- Updated: July 16, 2013
Double Paralympian Philippa Johnson saddled up for a fine victory in the dressage arena in Europe at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Riding Lord Louis, the combination took part in an event in Belgium, where Johnson is based.
“We’re finally back on track and in the competition ring with little Lord Louis and we competed at the CDR Kuringen. We rode the M4 and having not been competing since March he was very good, a couple of over excited moments but settled very quickly,” Johnson told Road to Rio 2016.
“He was rideable in the test, the only thing was he took the one flying change a bit too literally and although the change was clean the judge didn’t seem to appreciate the buck!
“This cost us quite a few points but he still managed to win the class with 67.78%.”
There were seven horses in the class.