- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
SA and Italy in 4-4 draw at World Student Games
- Updated: July 8, 2013
South Africa were held to a high-scoring 4-4 draw against a tenacious Italy side in their opening match of the men’s hockey tournament on day two of the World Student Games in Kazan, Russia, on Sunday.
Jaco Fourie gave South Africa the lead in the 12th minute, and while Augustin Nunez hit back for Italy midway through the first half, Grant Glutz regained the advantage a little over a minute later.
Davide Grossi equalised again, however, four minutes before half-time as the sides went into the break level at 2-2. With 20 minutes left in the match, Brandon Panther put SA back in front, before Italy yet again levelled the scores through Lorenzo Dussi.
Damian Kimfley handed the South Africans the lead once more, but Nunez saved the Italian outfit, scoring his second goal of the match with less than five minutes left as the teams shared the points. South Africa will face Poland in their next Group A fixture on Monday.