- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Road to Rio TV broadcast times
- Updated: June 26, 2013
Episode six of the official Olympic television programme, Road to Rio, is currently being broadcast on various SuperSport channels.
This episode focuses on athletics and taekwondo. In athletics we take a look at Zarck Visser, a long jumper who is now ranked higher in his event than his role model, Khotso Mokoena.
Paralympians Anrun Liebenberg and Fanie van der Merwe also share their stories, Liebenberg on her amazing Paralympic debut in London where she won two medals and Van der Merwe on how he is is making a successful transition from athlete to coach.
We also look at the preparations of our taekwondo trio who are busy preparing for World Championships in Mexico. Already this year they attended a training camp in Korea.
Broadcast times for Episode Six are as follows:
27 June 1pm (SS6)
28 June 9am (SS6)
29 June 6pm (SHD4)
1 July 5.30am (SH2)
4 July 12 noon (SS5)
6 July 6am (SHD4), 6pm (SHD4) and 10.30pm (SH2).