- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Rex races to silver for Team SA in Spain
- Updated: June 17, 2013
George Rex raced to his second silver medal of the World Cup para-cycling event in Spain on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
After the South African took silver in the time trial the previous day Rex tackled the T1 (tricycles) event in Segovia.
The 51-year-old cyclist clocked 57min 18sec for the road race, just three seconds behind France’s Quentin Aubague.
In the T2 category, there were fifth and sixth placed finishes for Yusthin Lintnaar and Goldy Fuchs.
Paarl’s Lintnaar clocked 46:12 and Fuchs 46:17 as Britain’s David Stone won in 42.26.