- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Rex races to silver for Team SA in Spain
- Updated: June 17, 2013
George Rex raced to his second silver medal of the World Cup para-cycling event in Spain on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
After the South African took silver in the time trial the previous day Rex tackled the T1 (tricycles) event in Segovia.
The 51-year-old cyclist clocked 57min 18sec for the road race, just three seconds behind France’s Quentin Aubague.
In the T2 category, there were fifth and sixth placed finishes for Yusthin Lintnaar and Goldy Fuchs.
Paarl’s Lintnaar clocked 46:12 and Fuchs 46:17 as Britain’s David Stone won in 42.26.