- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Van Dyk dashes to second World Cup silver
- Updated: June 16, 2013
Paralympic legend Ernst van Dyk raced to his second World Cup silver medal in consecutive weeks on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing at the second UCI World Cup para-cycling event that Team SA have contested on tour, Van Dyk was second in the H4 road race in Segovia, Spain.
He clocked 1hr 40min 43sec, exactly the same time as the Alex Zanardi, the man who denied him gold in last week’s World Cup in Merano, Italy.
“I went to the line with Alex but he got me. Was so close it was painful. Next round ÔÇô World champs,” said Van Dyk afterwards.
In the same race fellow South African Andries Scheepers failed to finish.