- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Van Dyk dashes to second World Cup silver
- Updated: June 16, 2013
Paralympic legend Ernst van Dyk raced to his second World Cup silver medal in consecutive weeks on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing at the second UCI World Cup para-cycling event that Team SA have contested on tour, Van Dyk was second in the H4 road race in Segovia, Spain.
He clocked 1hr 40min 43sec, exactly the same time as the Alex Zanardi, the man who denied him gold in last week’s World Cup in Merano, Italy.
“I went to the line with Alex but he got me. Was so close it was painful. Next round ÔÇô World champs,” said Van Dyk afterwards.
In the same race fellow South African Andries Scheepers failed to finish.