- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Van Dyk dashes to second World Cup silver
- Updated: June 16, 2013
Paralympic legend Ernst van Dyk raced to his second World Cup silver medal in consecutive weeks on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing at the second UCI World Cup para-cycling event that Team SA have contested on tour, Van Dyk was second in the H4 road race in Segovia, Spain.
He clocked 1hr 40min 43sec, exactly the same time as the Alex Zanardi, the man who denied him gold in last week’s World Cup in Merano, Italy.
“I went to the line with Alex but he got me. Was so close it was painful. Next round ÔÇô World champs,” said Van Dyk afterwards.
In the same race fellow South African Andries Scheepers failed to finish.