- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
O’Keeffe, Nhlapo all set for Arnhem World Cup
- Updated: June 15, 2013
World-class BMX athletes ÔÇô including Teagan O’Keeffe and Sifiso Nhlapo ÔÇô┬ágather in the city of Arnhem in the Netherlands this weekend for the third round of the 2013 UCI BMX Supercross World Cup.
The SA duo will be looking to increase their UCI points tally, which will count towards their ranking and will determine how many elites can be sent to the UCI BMX World Championships in 2014.
Nhlapo will be looking to increase on his great performance in the previous UCI Supercross World Cup that was held in Argentina, where he seemed to have regained his form and secured a place in the main.
His road to the main saw him finish in first, second and third places in his three heats, and he continued to claim first again in the quarter final round, and then finished second in the semi-final. Skizo finished in sixth place, and it was his first main in a SX World Cup race since 2009.
South Africa’s only woman representative, O’Keeffe will had her first attempt at practising on the Papendal track on Friday afternoon, and will also look at bettering her previous Supercross World Cup attempt in Argentina, where she finished in fifth place in the main.
O’Keeffe is once again upbeat and excited about racing at yet another amazing BMX facility, especially in the adrenalin-packed supercross format that she enjoys so much.