- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Le Clos leads SA pack in Monaco
- Updated: June 10, 2013
Olympic gold medallist Chad le Clos won the 100-metre butterfly in final day action as the first stop of the Mare Nostrum swimming series wrapped up in Monaco at the weekend.
Le Clos led from start to finish and touched in 52.11 seconds. World leader this year, Stephen Deibler, was unable to match his 51.19, the German touching second in 52.72.with Russia’s Nikita Konovalov third in 53.17.
On Saturday, Le Clos had won the 200m butterfly in 1:56.34 after overhauling Hungary’s Bence Biczo in the second half of the race. Biczo took silver in 1:57.23.
Fellow South African Michael Meyer took third in the men’s 400m Individual Medley.
His 4:21.30 came in a race won by Japan’s Daiyo Seto from Hungary’s Laszo Cseh.
In the men’s 200m freestyle Jeremy Stravius won in 1:46.88 with Myles Brown and Le Clos flying the SA flag with second (1:48.33) and third (1:50.29) respectively.